Title: Customer Service/Shipping Clerk
Reports to: General Manager
Time: Full Time/Part Time
Customer Service/Shipping Clerk is responsible for answering telephones, taking orders for product, ensuring that all customer orders are shipped correctly and on time, keeping accurate records, data entry, maintaining a customer relationship database, filing, shipping and other duties as assigned.
- Answers customer and vendor phone calls in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Records phone calls, customer orders, other related events in customer relationship database.
- Packages and ships orders of consumable items, prints shipping labels, schedules pick-ups
- Performs accurate receiving, product identification and put away inventory activities
- Maintains accurate inventory records using appropriate software, inventory reporting on a monthly basis
- Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
- Clearly communicates inventory issues including but not limited to low or out of stock status, internal or external quality or excessive inventory adjustments that impact Customer Service, efficiency or working capital
- Maintains clean and organized office and warehouse environment, may sweep floors, clean area, general good hygiene of entire work area.
- Assists Sales Team in scheduling appointments for sales trips and in recording information about customers into customer relationship database.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent Required, education beyond High School Desired
- Good written and verbal communication skills, excellent telephone manners
- Proven ability to stay organized under pressure
- Strong analytical abilities, initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and follow through with multiple tasks
- Regular, prompt attendance is required
- Commitment to be a positive and professional team member
- Comfortable learning new software and concepts
- Working knowledge of email, spreadsheets and documents software (such as Xcel or Word)
- Important competencies include commitment, dependability, flexibility, follow through, listening, openness in communicating, problem solving, respect for others, sensitivity, supportive and team focus
- Builds trust, values others, communicates effectively, drives execution, fosters innovation, focuses on the customer, collaborates with others, solves problems creatively and demonstrates high integrity.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and the ability occasionally push/pull up to 75lbs required.
- Frequently required to talk and/or hear, use hands to finger, handle or touch objects. Regularly required to stand, walk, and/or sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Please, send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com